Jaime Szarmach, M.D.
Dr. Szarmach is nationally renowned for breast imaging. Prior to coming to Connecticut Breast Imaging, she was the Section Chief of the Western Region for Breast Imaging at Yale University’s School of Medicine. She also held a position as the Director of Outpatient Breast Imaging at the Yale School of Medicine’s Bridgeport Hospital from 2018 to 2019.
In 2008, Dr. Szarmach completed her residency in diagnostic radiology and continued on to a clinical fellowship in breast imaging with the Yale School of Medicine in 2009. She holds a Medical Degree from Rutgers, New Jersey Medical School and a board certification from the American Board of Radiology. Dr. Szarmach is affiliated with Norwalk, Danbury, and New Milford hospitals.
- Undergraduate: Rutgers College, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, 1999
- Medical School: Rutgers – New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ, 2003
- Internship: Internal Medicine, Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich, CT, 2003–2004
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology, Hospital of Saint Raphael, New Haven, CT, 2004–2008
- Paid New Recruit, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, 2009
- Appointment: Assistant Professor, Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, 2009–Present
- Clinical Fellow, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Breast Imaging, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, 2008–2009
- American Board of Radiology, 2008
- Yale Breast Imaging Section Chief Western Region, Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, 2020–Present
- Director of Bridgeport Hospital Outpatient Breast Imaging, Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, 2018–2019
- Norwalk, Danbury and New Milford Hospitals
- Physician Advisory Council, Park Avenue Medical Center, Trumbull, CT
- Bridgeport Hospital Cancer Committee
- Breast Center Program Leadership Committee (BPLC), Smilow at Bridgeport, Norma Pfriem Breast Center, Bridgeport, CT